Although, this Cisco wireless router may not be as advanced as it’s competitors, yet it is a considerably modernized device that offers a bunch of specs stolen from other top-rated routers. In fact, its exceptionally vast and durable signal range is one of its traits responsible for the popularity of this router.
Talking about its design, the absence of external antennae gives an opportunity to the manufacturer to leverage its creativity in designing this device. Hence, the designers seem to have worked meticulously in coming with a shape that is slim, decent, catchy and sufficient enough to grant it an appealing design.
The top of the Cisco WIFI router is a matte surface over which gleams a sleek silver metallic strip bearing the company logo. The perfect combination of grey and black colors indeed adds radiance to it.
Cisco-Linksys E4200 Wireless Router Features & Specs:
- A dual-band router functions seemingly well on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio bands.
- Six internal antennae (as opposed to the three internal antennae found in other routers), three of which are meant to manage throughput at 5GHz, while the other three are for 2.4GHz.
- Faster speed with a maximum throughput of 450Mbps.
- MU-MIMO technology enables to handle multiple connections together without affecting the connectivity speed.
- SpeedBoost helps maintain good coverage to a longer distance
- Preinstalled Cisco Connect Software for setup and device configurations.
- Rear panel for all connection ports includes four LAN ports, a dedicated gigabit WAN port in the middle, a USB 3.0 slot for connecting high-speed devices, and the charging port.
- You can turn off the LED indicator lights present on the rear side of the device.