Check this out! The top 10 hoverboards available in the market. But before we move on to the best self balancing scooters and hoverboards, let’s have a glimpse of the technology behind them.
A balancing scooter also known as hoverboard or self balancing board is a kind of device with two movable wheels. The wheels are linked to two articulated pads on which the rider steps on during use. The speed of the hoverboard is controlled by the driver through either leaning forward or backwards. The direction of movement is determined by twisting the pads.
This review was arrived at based on comparison of features, pros and cons of each hoverboard.
The Best Hoverboards 2019
Now let’s begin to review the top 10 hoverboards on the market!
(1) Epikgo sport – The best hoverboard 2019
This is the best hoverboard in this list. It is big, strong and fast. This was specifically designed for riders who desire luxurious feeling as they drive.
Features: This hoverboard features includes
- Bluetooth 4.0 speaker
- 400W pair of motors
- Acceleration Grade A
- Maximum distance covered is 10 miles
- Degree of slope is fifteen
- This hoverboard tires are suitable for all terrain types because they are made from solid rubber
- Its large 8.5inch tires makes it easier for the driver to handle trough all terrain types such as mud, rain puddles or grass.
- This hoverboard can be used during rainy season because it is IP56 waterproof certified. This means the rain will not disturb your outdoor activities on this Epikgo sport hover board.
- This hoverboard has also gone through military grade testing. Hence referred to as semi submersible and water resistant (UL2272 certified safe and IP54 certified).
- As mentioned earlier, it has a 400W motor which doubles that of an average hoverboard.
- This hoverboard is faster than its fellow counterpart. It has a speed of 10 meter per hour whereas that of an average board is eight meter per hour. What a striking difference!
- The LED lighting is suitable for dim light situations or when riding on a dark night. It gives you maximum visibility irrespective of the condition.
- The charging time is as low as you can ever imagine, can you make a quick guess? Just an hour!
- This hoverboard comes with one year warranty
- The size of the tires can affect stability negatively. This is because the rider’s center of gravity will be placed at a higher level
- The hoverboard is heavy, weighing up to 30 pounds. If you run out of charge while having some of your outdoor adventures, carrying it back out will not be an easy task. For this reason it is not suitable for younger children.
- Lack of battery level indicator. This is another demerit of this balancing scooter. This literally means there is nothing to alert you in case of low battery, you will only know when it runs out.
Are you beginning to see why it is one of the best hoverboards?
(2) Swagtron T8 – The best hoverboard with environmental safe battery
This hoverboard is the first of all kinds of swagtron products in terms of battery types. Its battery is lithium free ensuring maximum safety in combination with Sentry Shield™ protection. it is suitable for running errands, movement to workplace or to school.
Let’s take a look at its amazing features.
- Its metal casing is made with steel which make it very strong.
- This hoverboard is waterproof which grants it the IPX4 rating. This indicates that it can withstand minimal direct contact with water such as splashes.
- It comes with lead acid battery which is less hazardous unlike lithium ion batteries.
- Rigid rubber tyres that is six inches tall. These were specifically made for movements in stable terrains.
- Presence of aluminum wheels to compliment the tyres.
- A single charge can take you up to 5.8 miles at a go.
- Maximum weight of rider : 200 pounds.
- This hoverboard Possesses 200 Watts double motorized wheels which improves performance and maintain good stability (can overcome inclines up to 30 degrees).
- Weight is just 26 pounds which makes it easy to lift or carry.
- This hoverboard is UL2272 certified.
- Maximum speed is 7m/hour just fast enough for safety of riders.
- This hoverboard is UL certified
- It is eco-friendly due to the presence of lead acid batteries
- It has slip resistant rubber articulate pads with steel casing
- It can handle light water splashes which makes it semi-waterproof (up to IPX4 standard).
- User friendly with modern and attractive design. Including updated safety components.
- This hoverboard comes with one year manufacturer warranty.
- As stated earlier, This hoverboard is just semi waterproof i.e. up to IPX4 standard. This means it cannot handle a heavy fall of water or rain.
- Specifically designed for children.
- Charging time required is 5,5 hours, with a maximum distance covered of 5.8 miles per charge. Think about it.
This is another amazing auto balancing hoverboard that comes with app controls to customize your ride. It drives and feels like a segway without handle. Once it is turned on, it levels itself and stays in position until you have properly mounted it for drive. It does not in anyway feel like a toy. This hoverboard is heavy (26 pounds) just like any other hover board. So don’t just look at it like an object you can just toss around.
Straight down to features.
- It comes with lithium phosphate batteries which were proven to be more stable than the usual lithium ion batteries. It is UL certified so you can charge it without worrying about fire outbreak.
- Maximum charging time : 2 hours.
- Official distance covered is between 8 to 10 miles per charge. Although this depends on the weight and speed of user.
- Charger kick offs to prevent over charging.
- Adjustable LED lights.
- Presence of app that enables you be in charge of stability, agility and balancing. This makes it easier to ride especially if it’s your first time on a balancing scooter.
- In built Bluetooth speaker.
- Maximum driver weight 230 pounds.
- Slow and steady
- Fairly easy to use. Just a little effort (lean forward and go forward), you are good to go. Once you get use to the scooter, it becomes easier to control. Only requires a little practice.
- With the app you can customize your ride, balance and lights to your desire. You can even install updates on your hoverboard with it.
- This hoverboard has handle that makes it portable for easy pick up.
- Battery level indicator.
- This hoverboard has big wheels that prevents you from losing control when you drive over bumps.
- Great in-built bluetooth speaker.
- Good battery life span.
- It finishes scuffs fairly if you crash.
- More expensive than similar models.
- As stated in its features, it not suitable for people over 230 pounds.
This is also one of the best hoverboards that makes you look stylish. This hoverboard has an upgraded technology to give the best ride experience with extended range. Its neither flashy nor tacky in appearance. Its weight is just enough for easy carriage. It is also very stable under the feet with great power.
- It has complete UL 2272 certification which indicates that the battery is highly protected, no fire hazards or battery leakage.
- This hoverboard has 350 watts motor which is better than its competitors.
- One year guarantee.
- Available in different choices of colors (red, blue, white and black) to suit all tastes.
- This hoverboard has enhanced chassis and reinforced shell. This is why it is referred to as the indestructible board. Though this seems a bit far.
- Its maximum speed is 7m/hour. This not really impressive because one would expect more from its a 350W motor. But decent enough for movement between home and workplace.
- It can deal with inclines up to 25 degrees.
- This Self-balancing Hoverboard charging time is about 3 hours.
- Maximum distance covered is 10 miles per charge.
- It is very comfortable and gives an impressive feeling of power
- Can accommodate inclines up to 25 degrees
- Suitable for rough terrains.
- High quality and very attractive design.
- It is not expensive when compared with the quality offered.
- This hoverboard doesn’t have Bluetooth speaker. What a shame!
- Not water resistant. This implies it is not suitable for rainy season.
- It is not fast enough for some users.
- Distance covered per charge is not up to expectation (10 miles per charge).
(5) Swagtron T580 – Expensive but worth it
The Swagtron slogan “ Adventure begins with your feet.” fits well for this balancing scooter. It possesses high quality design and performance. It is also sold at a giveaway price. Although for some, its power and speed does not meet up to their expectations. It is more suitable for casual outings. This hoverboard is suitable for users of all ages and various level of experience. It possess all Swagtron latest features such as Bluetooth speakers as well as the Android iOS app for navigation and maintenance. It is also affordable for anybody seeking a standard product.
This hoverboard makes your riding experience fun all the way to your destination.
- It is UL2272 certified.
- Net weight is 20 pounds (9 kilogram) which makes it lightweight.
- Maximum distance covered per charge is 8 miles.
- Wagtron T580 hoverboard comes with different modes such as learning mode, standard mode and advanced mode for expert riders.
- Packaged with bluetooth speakers that can be played through the Android and iOS application.
- Maximum speed is 7.5miles per hour.
- It can deal with inclines up to 30 degrees.
- Maximum load : 220 pounds
- It comes with iOS and Android applications that can be used for playing music, movement, monitoring its battery life, receiving latest updates and information as well.
- Weights 20 pounds which makes it light and portable.
- Ideal for both children and adults.
- Wagtron T580 hoverboard is UL 2272 certified. This implies that it high degree of stability.
- Battery charge time is just 2 hours.
- Its water protection rating is IPX4 which keeps it safe from water damage.
- Modern design with glossy surface.
- This hoverboard is relatively cheap when compared to other Swagtron boards.
- It has a high quality touch.
- It is not ideal for individuals over 220 pounds.
- Its mobile is not compatible with non-Android iOS platforms such as window phones.
- Low motor power just one 150 watts (The lowest among the Swagtron boards).
- It’s price is high when compared to other auto-balancing scooters from other brands. Although low within its family.
(6) Halo Rover – The indestructible scooter
It is an award winning balancing scooter made in partnership with LG. It’s name was coined from popular video games. It is a promising all terrain auto-balancing scooter referred to as being indestructible. Interesting! This product is suitable for commuting, ride in the garden or for night adventures.
It is also an expensive hoverboard but you will get the value for your money.
- The hoverboard is not vulnerable. It was awarded a UL22772 safety certificate to ensure its reliability.
- It uses lithium ion battery designed by technology giant LG so there is no cause for alarm.
- Aluminium frame reinforces the standing deck and wheel arches. This makes it a bit heavy but a protective case to transport it will help overcome this.
- Its water proof rating is IPX4. This means it is only resistant to rainfall or splash of water.
- Halo Rover hoverboard is powered by 400 Watt motor. Nice one!
- It can support weight up to 256 pounds without affecting its performance.
- Its tires are up to 8.5 inches high and it is suitable for all terrain types including bumps or rocks on the road.
- Maximum speed is 10miles per hour
- Maximum range covered is 10 miles on a single charge.
- Weight is 32 pounds
- It has built in speaker
- Apps connects with App store and Google play store.
- Large LED panels for use during night ride.
- Adjustable speed and steering sensitivity.
- Smooth ride on rough roads like gravel
- Availability of different training modes for children and adults.
- Battery is made by LG which guarantees its quality.
- It is an award winning hoverboard.
- Its frames are supported with aluminum
- Two years warranty
- App is well designed and user friendly. It can be used to set speed limit or modify the steering sensitivity for children.
- Large tires for easy commuting.
- The quality of the material from which the tire guards are made is mediocre. The cheap plastic cracks easily leading to cosmetic damage.
- When the battery drains out, it stops moving at once, hurling the rider off.
- It is expensive.
- Battery lasts just an hour.
Here comes another wonderful self balancing scooter. Hoverheart was made to undergo the recommended one hundred and fifty nine test before it was fully given the UL2272 certification. This is to assure you it is reliable in terms of battery safety. It’s tires which are about 6.5 inches tall are protected by thick rubber. So you do not have to worry about punctures or tire pressure while you drive.
This balancing scooter is not limited to smooth surfaces, but also suitable for varieties of surfaces as well. It also stands out among its peers with its incredible chrome finishes such as rose gold, blue, gold, and the likes. The high quality bluetooth is perfect for enjoying some nice music as you ride. This hoverboard offers more than its price indicates, which makes it seem too good to be true.
Below are some of its incredible features
- It is UL2272 certified
- It weighs 25.4 pounds
- Wheel size is 6.5 inches.
- Maximum load 220 pounds
- It has built-in bluetooth speaker.
- Hoverheart Flash Wheel has dual 200 watts motor.
- Maximum range is 12 kilometer per charge.
- Average charging time ranges from 2 to 3 hours.
- Minimum average speed is 6 miles per hour while maximum is 10 miles per hour.
- LED lights for safety and beautification when driving at night.
- Available in varieties of colors such as blue, rose gold, gold and more.
- Good battery life and distance covered.
- Very appealing design.
- Extra LED lights for use when driving in dark conditions.
- Built in bluetooth speaker for taking your tunes on the go.
- Full battery certification to ensure your safety.
- Designed with high technology.
- This hoverboard is lightweight
- The paint is liable to sustain a scratch easily.
- Not water resistant which implies that it cannot be used in the rain.
- It cannot be used on rougher terrain.
- Charging time is not fast enough.
- This hoverboard is not suitable for users above 220 pounds.
(8) Swagtron T6 – The hoverboard with super gecko muscle
This is an all terrain auto-balancing scooter just like Epikgo and Halo Rover. It is the biggest Swagtron balancing hoverboard on the market. It was designed with ten inches tires (inflatable) placed on aluminum rims. It is powered by 350 watt motors. Its maximum speed is about eight miles per hour while its highest distance covered is twelve miles on a single charge. It can handle inclination up to 30 degrees depending on the nature of the terrain. One amazing feature of this balancing scooter is its load capacity which is up to four 420 pounds.
- It comes with 10 inches inflatable rubber tires.
- Weighs 32 pounds.
- Wagtron T6 hoverboard is powered by 350 watt motor
- Maximum speed is 8 miles/hour.
- Maximum range is 12 miles on a single charge.
- This hoverboard withstand load up to 420 pounds. Wow!
- Sentry Shield™ multilayer battery protection.
- Bluetooth speakers.
- LED headlights to light your path all the way.
- Comes with Swagtron app for control.
- Presence of built-in handle for easy carriage.
- Non slip foot pads.
- It can handle inclination up to 30 degrees.
- Awesome load capacity.
- Suitable for all terrain types.
- Maximum speed of twelve miles per hour is better than most of its competitors.
- Good Quality/Price ratio.
- Very comfortable ride with inflatable tires.
- LED lights are capable of emitting light up to 6,5 feet in both directions.
- Safety of battery is ensured.
- Does not make too much noise when handling tough terrain.
- Not fully waterproof. What a shame!
- It is a little bit high in price when compared to other scooters.
(9) Hovertrax 2.0 – Hoverboard with swappable battery
This is another amazing hoverboard on our list. Apart from its self-balancing feature, Hovertrax 2.0 is durable, its batteries are of high quality and safe to use, unlike the hover boards we’ve seen in the past from Chinese manufacturers.
Well-known company Razor proudly made Hovertrax 2.0. Simply, their credibility in the scooter market makes us wonder less.
Hovertrax 2.0 self-balancing hoverboard has some incredible features. Imagine being on an hoverboard for 60 minutes straight, being able to ride 12 miles fearlessly on a UL 2272 certified scooter, because the battery carrying you has passed a strict safety standards. But before you head on to grab yours, let’s take a little zoom into its features as well as the pros and cons.
- Upgraded operation modes (training and standard mode).
- Scratch resistant outer covering.
- Its weight is 19.8 pounds.
- Foot pads with better grip to help you steer and maneuver in crowded areas.
- Extra lithium ion battery.
- LED power indicator for displaying the mode you are in.
- Fender bumper protection.
- Auto self balancing sensor to ensure you don’t slip off.
- UL2272 certified.
- Dual hub motors (350 watts) that is not noisy.
- Maximum speed is 8 miles per hour.
- Maximum range is 15 miles while battery life is 60 minutes per charge.
- Maximum load is 220 pounds.
- Battery charging time ranges from 1 to 2 hours.
- Hovertrax 2.0 hoverboard uses a new technology called Ever Balance. This technology gives it sure balance and makes it a breeze to ride on.
- High quality product & service provided.
- As mentioned earlier, it is UL 2272 Certified. Meaning it is one of the safest to ride on in the market.
- The Hovertrax 2.0 can tilt as far as 15 degrees. With this feature, it can easily climb small hills.
- It comes with LED lights that indicate battery power and balance level indicator.
- Does not make noise.
- A removable battery you can replace to enjoy your ride.
- Very appealing New design.
- Very safe for children
- It is immune to scratch.
As good as the Hovertrax 2.0 is, it has a speed limit of 8mph. Although Razor had a point that the threshold of cruising enjoyment is below 8mph, but hoverboards like the EPIKGO is much faster.
- Despite that, Hovertrax 2.0 does well on most surfaces, another turn off it has is that the hover board cannot manage off road situations.
- No bluetooth integration.
- Compared with Swagtron T1 and some other hoverboards in the market, it is more expensive. Perhaps because of the quality features.
(10) Segway minipro– Resistant to corrosion
Segway Minipro is manufactured by a chinese company called Nibot. They claim to own the patent rights to the invention of self-balancing two-wheeled devices. They succeeded in barring all rival hoverboards coming in from the US market.
The Segway Minipro is in truth like the old Personal Transporter.
It is by far better built than most auto-balancing hoverboards we have around. At first, the price of the Minipro may strike a strange chord, but when you compare and contrast it with other skateboards, everything changes.
To me, one of the features that set this hoverboard apart is the unusual knee-high steering bar feature that gives you the ability to turn 360 degrees on the spot –clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. Check out its other features below:
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Available color is black and white.
- Wheel size is 10.3 inches.
- Phone app control with anti-theft alarm.
- It can handle inclination up to 15 degrees.
- Chassis is 3.5 inches.
- Segway Minipro has a magnesium alloy frame.
- It has steering column
- Weight is 28 pounds
- Load limit is 220 pounds (100 kg).
- Maximum speed 10 mph (16.1 km/h).
- Charging time is 4 hours.
- Remote controlled: Yes
- Surface is coated with extra corrosion resistant.
- Segway Minipro easily controllable by Bluetooth and app.
- Instead of leaning with your feet to control it, it projects a distinctive knee-high Steering bar, which makes controlling it unique and effortless.
- It’s turns 360 degrees on the spot.
- Custom fit for maximum support.
- Built with rugged tires.
- The Segway MiniPro beeps and notifies you, and slows you down automatically by gently leaning backwards when you are going around 6 to 7 mph.
- It’s very expensive
- Cautious weight limit of 220 pounds (100 kg)
- This hoverboard takes a little practice.
- Harder to control.
- Braking takes long.
- Cannot handle humps like crosswalks.
Wow! I’m happy you read this far!
I’m happy for you. You’re set to go get the best hoverboard. Since we have gone through the journey of analyzing all the major scooters we have in the market. I hope this concise review is a done-for-you guide the next time.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you scan through this review again?
I hope all these facts gives you a bold choice to choose the best best hoverboard.
Top Rated Hoverboards